Friday, February 12, 2010

Tell Me More

How many video games are we talking about here? About 185 give or take. Though with new games I purchase, Gamefly games, and a select few Steam games I haven't played I'm guessing the end total will be somewhere between 200 to 230 games total across ten console systems.

While 200 games may not seem like a lot keep in mind that if they all take an average of seven hours if I played video game for twenty-four hours straight, seven days a week it would take me close to two months to complete them all.

So are their rules? I've thought about this and I'm just not sure about it. Originally I was going to do it with no cheat codes, no Gamesharks just good old fashioned playing. Then I decided that I value my sanity way too much for that. Ever play the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle game for NES? I have. I would rather get a root canal than try to beat that without at least a little help. With that being said I'm going to do my damnedest to beat most of these games without external help. I figure first I'm going to give it a couple shots without codes, Gamesharks, etc. and if I just can't do it I'll give in and use them... but it will always be a last resort.

I also own a lot of sports games(I don't really enjoy them, I'm not really sure why I own so many) and I haven't quite figured out how I'm going to considered them finished. I'm thinking that with sports games that playing a season of whatever sport will constitute me finishing it.

Other than those two things I haven't really set anything else in stone. There's no time limit to this, I'm just seeing how long this will take and maybe discover a few unforgotten gems in my collection as well as replaying games I used to love.

Hopefully in a little bit I'll have an entire list up here of all of my video games and then we can get this underway.

Squid.

No comments:

Post a Comment