Thursday, April 8, 2010

Goldeneye - Nintendo 64

Since my Gamecube playing is put on hold until I get a new memory card we're going to play some Nintendo 64. Goldeneye for a lot of people was their first introduction to first person shooters. I dare say that up until the point of it's release it was one of if not the only good console FPS. I however was a PC gamer which meant I had been playing first person shooters since Wolfenstein. However I remember I was even impressed with it. I was in ninth or tenth grade when Goldeneye was released I remember hearing someone talking about how realistic it was, his exact quote was "Shooting people in the game is almost like shooting people in real life because it's that realistic!"

I look at games now in comparison and I find it fascinating that in 1997 these were cutting edge graphics. Now we have cell phones that could probably run this game. Still, fun is fun and let's see if Goldeneye is still as fun as I remember it being.

Squid.

No comments:

Post a Comment